Our Local Governing Body (LGB) meets weekly with our Senior Leadership Team for strategic 'catch up' and corporate decision making. Additionally to this the Local Governing Body meets 3 times a year to assure the highest quality provision, safeguarding and equality of opportunity for all pupils, and effective support and management of staff.
Through formal reviews the Local Governing Body robustly considers school performance.
The Local Governing Body considers:
- The Academy Principal’s Report – self-evaluation against current OFSTED criteria and any other criteria set by the Local Governing Body or the Trust.
- Impact of key actions from the Academy Improvement Plan.
- Monitoring activities undertaken by the academy.
- Local and contextualised issues.
- Direction from the Trust Board.
Contacting the Local Governing Body
The Local Governing Body can be contacted in writing:
Chair of the Local Governing Body
c/o Springbank Academy
Members of the Local Governing Body
Bill Howard (chair) - co-opted
Michael Bradley (vice chair) – co-opted
Karen Cook – co-opted governor
Oliver Cuff – parent governor
Nicola Poxon – staff governor
Sara Dunn – staff governor
Jo Walton – parent governor
Adam Lumley - Head of School – Springbank Academy
Lucy Baxter - Head of School – Florence Nightingale Academy
The White Hills Park Trust
Springbank Academy is a member of The White Hills Park Trust.
More information about Trust governance can be found on its website.