Our catering service is provided by Nottinghamshire County Council. For more information please use the following link:
Please see the attachments below for current menus
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All infant aged children (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes) will receive their midday school meal free of charge under the government's Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) scheme. This will be the exact same high standard, nutritionally based and balanced meal served throughout the majority of primary schools in Nottinghamshire.
The UIFSM is different funding from that of benefits-related free school meals. However, it is important that parents who believe they are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium also register for this, as this allows us to cuse the Pupil Premium to provide additional equipment, support and activities for the pupils. Please see details below.
Free School Meals and Milk
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the qualifying benefits below:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Applications for Free School Meals must be made through Nottinghamshire County Council. Please see below for more information and to apply online through Nottinghamshire County Council's Citizen Portal. Alternatively, call their team on 0300 500 80 80
Changes to free school meal entitlement: rollout of universal credit
From April 2018, the criteria used to determine which pupils are eligible for free school meals was updated to reflect the introduction of Universal Credit, and the phasing out of other income-based benefits.
- Any child who was eligible for free school meals on 31 March 2018 will retain their eligibility until December 2023, regardless of whether their circumstances change.
- Any child who becomes eligible during the rollout of universal credit (from 1 April 2018 to December 2023) will retain their eligibility until December 2023, regardless of whether their circumstances change.
- Once the rollout of universal credit is complete, no child will lose their entitlement and will continue to be transitionally protected until the end of the current phase of their education.
Parents/carers are always welcome into school to join us, we would love to see you. Please let the office know they day before if you would like to order a meal. Our parent panel members for school meals are Mrs Walton and Mrs Shaw.
Throughout the year we will be holding special celebratory meals, including:
- Welcome Back Picnic
- JD Strawberry High Tea
- Bonfire Restaurant
- Victorian High Tea
- Water Picnic
- Winter Wonderland Picnic
- Pancake Cafe
Please join us if you can, grandparents and friends of Springbank are welcome too.